Friday, December 5, 2008

It's been eleven years...

since i first fell in love with Daniel Harris Green. Eleven years ago today it was made official, and Daniel asked me to be his girlfriend. We had been dating for a couple months, but Suzanne Yoon convinced Daniel that he needed to "ask me out" proper, and so he did, in the parking lot after school as i stood on the door jam of my little toyota corolla. I was so excited as he was my very first (and last) boyfriend. It was less than a year after that, I knew I would marry him and after six LONG years, we were indeed married. ;) I can't remember life before "The Boy", (as my parents referred to him way back when) but the past eleven years sure has flown by. I love you mr. green and I'm thankful I found someone who not only puts up with my craziness, but loves me despite it!

way back when...




















on our "eleven year anniversary"
Celebrating at Picarelli's

3 comments:

Handart19 said...

Holy Guacamole, has it really been eleven years? I still remember sleeping over at your house, bumping my elbow on your wall, laughing till we were shhhshed and angrilly told to go to sleep, and finally talking about boys. You never mentioned Daniel Green in those days. Sigh. Where did they go? For goodness sake Mernander, aren't we overdue for a sleepover?

Emily said...

So sweet. Don't you love those old pictures. I always tell Josh that he is lucky to have married his high school sweethear because if I am ever to old, gray, fat or wrinkled to look at he can always close his eyes and remember the skinny teenager I used to be. HAPPY 11 years! :)

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!! High school sweethearts are the BEST. Congrats Amanda!