The rules are as follows:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
1. I still have a blankey & must have it to sleep at home & especially when i travel. I was known to take my blanket to class in high school when I was tired...gotta love the satin trim. I had the same one forever but now I am forced to replace it every few years do it's pitifulness...
2. I keep a "list book" filled with lists of different things...the most important being my list of names. I have a list of potential pet names as well as baby names, one for boys, another for girls.
3. I am a complete sap for lost animals & have been known to pull over on the side of the road to rescue dogs. Doesn't matter what time of day, or how late I'm already running. What goes around comes around & I hope if one of my pets was ever to run away, someone will be kind enough to at least try & rescue them. I have also been known to take in disabled cats, maimed birds & other various wildlife.
4. I have an infatuation with Catholic &/or Mexican art and decor as well as a slight obsession with the Virgin Mary/Virgin Guadalupe & I am always scoping the flea market for a new addition to my growing collection. So much so, that when our apartment manager came over to check on something she asked Daniel if we were Catholic.
5. I save text messages & voicemails for an obscenely long time before deleting them, and I ALWAYS save my most recent messages from Daniel if I know he will be flying. My weird rationale, should you be curious, is just in case something happens to him, i can always listen to his voice again. Does this make me strange...
6. I collect rocks and have done so since I was in preschool. Everyday I would come home with my pockets full of carefully selected rocks. My mom has a glass jar full of the ones she deemed worthy of saving. I don't come home with pockets full of rocks anymore, but I do look for a good rock whenever we travel to remind me of our trip. When we were in New York I found a pile of cobblestones and took one that I made poor daniel carry around for the rest of the day. After all that, we couldn't even take it on the plane with us, because it could be considered a weapon, forcing me to wait an entire year before our friend drove my cobblestone across the country. It now sits on my porch & makes a fine doorstop!
7. I am ever so slightly touched by the OCD gene...clothes must be hung/stacked in color order, bottles must have the coordinating color tops & bottoms...none of this willy nilly randomness. ALL cupboards/drawers/closet doors MUST be closed shut, close enough it not acceptable! Mini-blinds must be closed in the down position & I absolutely hate dishes in the sink, dirty or clean...makes me CRAZY! now you know...so start prayin'! :)
8. I could easily live on fast food, candy & soda pop for the rest of my life if it wasn't for my WONDERFUL husband! I wouldn't feel guilty & I am completely okay with admitting that nine times out of ten, I would prefer fast food to a homemade meal. I don't feel better when I eat healthier & I always want to laugh when I here someone say that they feel gross when they eat to much fast food. I know...I'm gross!
okay, that's all you need to know for now! I am tagging Jen, Amanda R., Monica, Geneva, Moms, & Jessica....get to it girls!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Okay maybe not yet, but paper is the latest and greatest around our house! I have always been a firm believer that kids with too many toys that get everything their hearts desire don't learn creativity & how to use their imagination. I also lean towards the idea that no matter how many fancy things you buy for your kids, they tend to be the most amused by the cheapest thrills, such as a bargain found at a garage sale, or a fun hand-me-down. Last night I was trying to pay the bills and the little missy was NOT having it! We tried lying down, sitting up, playing with toys, but she wanted my FULL attention. She kept trying to get to the reciepts as I reviewed our credit card charges, so when I was done, I gifted her will all the reciepts that would be making their way to the trash....BRILLIANT! She entertained herself for a good thirty minutes, just long enough for me to finish all the bills. Tonight, paper was our friend yet again when we went to Buca De Beppo's for dinner with Danny's parents. She was lovin' her some paper menu's and all the noise she could make with them. Just goes to show you, kids can entertain themselves with just about anything, if you let them!
One of her new favorite things to do is chew on her bottom lip!
Ru & her best good friend(broccoli)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Clearly even Ruby can't believe it! My little Valentine is seven months old today & I am seeing her little personality grow more and more each day....and by personality I mean sassyness! ;) The biggest new trick you've learned in the last month is how to sit up, as you can see in the picture above. You still do the occasional suicide bomb & fall over, but you've mastered this skill rather quickly. You have also finally discovered your feet which you haven't found to be nearly as interesting as your hands, but you do enjoy holding onto them while I attempt a diaper change, making the afore mentioned task quite the challenge. You love it when we hide from you and reappear, it gets quite a belly laugh. You also love to be tossed up in the air now, but you aren't so sure about being hung upside down. You have started rice cereal and LOVE it, you chow down like you've been eating forever. You have definately gained a bit of an attitude in the last month, you don't like it when we leave you in a room by yourself and you let us know by yelling and or whining. Speaking of strange sounds you also enjoy gurgling quite a bit & find it thoroughly entertaining. Your grams claims she has taught you to wave, and by wave I mean you move your entire arm in a machete like motion, but only with a lot of high pitched. encouragement and demonstration each time & even then, it's not a sure bet. Still absolutely no signs of crawling, but you do scoot a bit and you love to stand. So that's you, my little ru, at eight months, in a nut shell! i love you lots my little lemon!