Sunday, November 1, 2009

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

a farmin familia

what did the chicken say to the football?

love this face!

So as i mentioned before this was my first homemade costume for the Ru. I found the idea several months back on MarthaStewart.com and immediately fell in love with it. It just fit, seeing as how i collectively refer to Ruby and the dogs as "my chickens". After thinking about it for a while i chickened out (pun intended) and thought perhaps i was being overzealous and should just buy her a costume. My mother-in-law Sandy had other ideas and encouraged me to give it a try and was kind enough to to assist me in the process. I'm so glad she did! Not only was the finished product absolutely adorable (strangers asked to take her picture), i really enjoyed the process and had fun working with Sandy and my mom. Both grandmas were a huge help! So here's to homemade costumes to come, i can't wait to do it again next year with the same afore mentioned grandmas! ;) Ruby really loved the trick or treat experience, she held onto her hello kitty bucket for dear life and when people put the candy bowl out for her to choose her own treat, she dove right in. I hate to say it but my little pollo really enjoyed the paparazzi experience. She was quite happy to oblige people when they stopped to check out her costume or take a quick picture, perhaps i should have dressed her as a ham...hmmm, maybe next year!

me and my california grown chicken...

pushin her wagon along...

surprise!

check out those toofers!

our partners in trick or treating crime!

apparently the chicken crossed the road one too many times...so tired!

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

Love the farmer family! What a cute idea! And kudos on the handmade chicken costume... very impressed!